OECD QSAR APPLICATION TOOLBOX TRAINING
TRAINING WORKSHOPS for OECD MEMBER COUNTRIES and STAKEHOLDERS
BASIC TRAINING: 21-22 OF NOVEMBER 2016,
ADVANCED PRACTICAL TRAINING: 23-25 OF NOVEMBER 2016,
[*NOTE: BASIC COURSE IS A PREREQUISITE TO REGISTER FOR ADVANCED PRACTICAL]
The QSAR Application Toolbox was developed under the aegis of OECD to facilitate the use of the category approach and QSAR methods to fill data gaps in classification and labeling. Use of the Toolbox will save resources, reduce the need for animal testing, and greatly accelerate the hazard assessment process.
The Toolbox provides the ability to:
• Make estimates of the relevant endpoints for single chemicals, linked to the CAS number or the chemical structure. Obtain summary information on the validation processes and results of the model so that the user can decide for which regulatory purpose the estimate can be used.
• Obtain a list of analogues for a chemical, together with their experimental, or estimated environmental, toxic or health effects.
• Obtain estimates for metabolite activation/detoxification information for the chemical.
• Interface with IUCLID 5 with ability for automated submission of estimated values for registration purposes.
New features of QSAR Toolbox 3.2 include:
• New database for observed rat in vivo metabolism;
• Updated auto oxidation, rat liver metabolism, skin metabolism and microbial metabolism simulators;
• Updated DNA binding profiler;
• Additional ways of expressing mixtures composition (fraction, mass concentration, volume concentration).
• Interface improvement, list of last entered substances, list of last opened files, hint windows, warning messages, etc.
• Improved search functionalities (query search tool) and minor functionality updates.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS OFFICIAL TRAINING?
QSAR Toolbox training is offered at two levels: Basic and Advanced Practical.
The Basic Training Course, which requires some knowledge of chemical structure, provides an overview of the Toolbox databases, modeling system, and use of QSAR methods for managing data and modeling, plus a hands-on introduction to filling data gaps for hazard assessment.
The Advanced Practical Training Course, for which the Basic Training Course is a prerequisite, is intended to provide the capability to make advanced hazard assessments for a wide variety of chemicals, along with documentation of the process in a form suitable for submission to regulatory agencies.
The Training Courses are designed for those charged with developing safety assessments for chemical manufacturers and distributors as well as for those charged with evaluating submitted assessments for new chemicals or those already in use in commerce. Those interested in or conducting research on QSAR tools and database development would also find the training useful.
WHO IS CONDUCTING THE TRAINING?
Instructors are selected from those who were original developers of the Toolbox. Limited follow-up assistance will be provided by the instructors, or trainees can subscribe to paid support services. If you would like to see a training session in your area, contact the Toolbox Training Coordinator, Dr. Rosemarie Russo, at email@example.com.
Please direct questions to Dr. Rosemarie Russo, Training Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register, please fill the form: